Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Forgot

The tricks of time is something I never can fully understand. 'It' has been a considerable period of time. However when I tread down memory lane, or rather when I insist on savoring moments in the past, it felt as though it was only yesterday. Somehow I found illusionary comfort which came with a heavy price, to be reminded of pain. As time pass, I learned to 'forget' and somehow I found illusionary safety which also came with a heavy price, my soul slipping away.

The indescribable ache that struck my heart every so often eased away. The stab that sliced my heart every so often began to heal. That deep sorrow that swallowed my heart began to fade. Time passed and I realized my words had turn cold, my touch has lost its passion, my unnatural smiles and forced laughter. My eyes that once glowed in the darkest of night went dimmer and dimmer, my once leaping heart, its flame turned weaker and weaker as it lost the strength to endure the constant gush of cold wind.

I thought I was saving some parts of my soul. Little did I know that I was slipping away as nights pass and I am not sure how to get it back.

No comments: