Sunday, March 05, 2006

i'm lost and i need to decide by next sunday!

Okay, sleepless nights for almost about a week now. Who am i? I dont know what i'm good at. Seriously, I really have no idea. What i'm experiencing is exactly how Robert Frost described in his poem 'The Road Not Taken'.

They say it's important to love your job so i wouldnt have to drag my ass to work everyday and feeling sorry for myself. That is why i have so much weight on my shoulders now. I dont want to walk a road and later decide that it's not my thing. I am not born into wealth and i really dont want to throw away my parents' savings for old age.

Bottom line, I must make the right choice of how i want to lead my life at 23. SPM results are going to be posted next Monday on the 13th. I need to come to a decision by then. A few of my friends think I look like a lawyer, an accountant, a doctor or a leading business woman. To be frank, I can only go with the business woman but not at the age of 23. I can see myself around the age of 35, to be self-employed. Most likely supporting the local theatre scene in every possible way, financially, and maybe actually getting myself involved.

I find myself generating a lot of interest in various fields. I want to be part of everything and that leaves me confused in what i should really do. So what should it be?

Climb the corporate ladder? Event-managing? Or an actuary?
I need Him and those who reads this blog to show me the light. One thing i really need to find out is how and where do i start when i'm qualified to handle event management. I really want to know the details as I am quite fond of it, preferably in the entertainment industry.

3 comments:

Farah Razif said...

SHIRLENE!!! Doode, you sound so serious. I miss you man. I know exactly what you're good at. Haha.

shirlene said...

WOW! I miss you too!!! I'll see you on monday! lol..So I wonder what you know I'm good at. Errm please don't tell me it's something 'dirty'. : )

Jen said...

shi shi!guess who?!!hehe.