"The sky is the limit" is a common phrase to motivate and drive people to strive. There is nothing one could possibly not achieve, given enough resources and having the secret ingredients to success. However, I have come to realise that it is not a universalistic phrase.
I feel inadequate. No matter what I do, how much effort I pour in and how much I am willing to do; they will never change the cold truth of what I am. It is a world where 'who I am' only counts in the utmost special, rare and unique place.
Everywhere I go and every corner my eyes lay, pieces or rather, stages of life walk. They keep reminding me of glimpses of the past and sneak-peaks into the future or what may come to be. These images slap me in the face despite my deepest desire to achieve them or rather, experience them with the chosen one.
I feel inadequate because I can never give or allow certain stages of life to come to past.
I feel inadequate because even if I climbed the highest mountain, crossed the biggest ocean or invented a time machine, I still can never give you what it takes.
There will always and forever be a limit to what and how much I can give, completely ignoring the sincerity of what and how much I am willing to give and even sacrifice.
No comments:
Post a Comment