Detachment is a hard thing to do. It is for the brave.
I am in a dark room. I can see the light beyond. It is sometimes dim and sometimes sparkling brightly. I am crawling around, pacing back and forth.
I believe being alone amongst the rest of the world, independently, is an act of bravery. I believe that in recovery, is firstly to be able to live with yourself. I am finding my way, my self. There is no need to rush, I am taking my time. I am getting fond of being in my own world. However I will not trap myself, instead, I will be in there for a while till I am ready.
I am still crawling, pacing back and forth. I can still see the light. The light will always be there. It will never go out. It is waiting for me.
In time, I will stand up. I will take baby steps. I will walk towards the light, with my head held high.
No comments:
Post a Comment