Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Lad

To everyone else, he is just a spoiled and pampered pet dog who should probably only deserve to be in a cage outside the house. He means much more to me than just my pet. He is the one who brings the family together. I believe in him. He never fails to bring my family closer. We care for him, we love him and we treasure him. I love the times in which we would just sit together and talk while Louie simply parades around the the circle seeking for affection and he is and always will be the greatest company.

To me, he of course isn't like any other dogs. You would say that which pet owner would deny the fact that their own pet is special. Perhaps you are right. I guess each owner has a unique, deep affection for their own pet. Between mine and I, we can communicate and understand each other, therefore he feels closest to me as compared to my other family members. His eyes, his gestures, I can read. He can understand my words, simple talks.


He, like all other living things, is abiding to the age path. He is 9 nine years old. I just heard from my mother that he isn't himself at all. He has been in constant want of seclusion and desire no food or water. He sleeps all day and gets uneasy when touched. My heart, these few weeks, has been heavy. I feel the worst when I have to leave for campus, away from home. He is better when I am around but when I am away, he slips right back into 'depression'. He waits by the glass door for me (according to my family), he waits, and he waits.

I just feel the need to stay at home. The pity, the guilt. I just hope he is not acting like that because it's the last few of his days. I cannot imagine having to lose him...

No comments: