Monday, February 02, 2009

Family First

Chinese New Year came and gone and might I just add that it was one busy week revolving around visiting and meeting up old mates. Nonetheless I enjoyed every bit of it and I'm feeling rather home-sick. I've amended bonds with my mother especially, and my sister as this year's celebration was more within the family, amongst the four of us. I shall not forget those moments as I think they will help me remember the love I have for my family. It grew increasingly as the week passed and I learned to appreciate them a lot more.

Turning 21 meant much more to me than just hitting the bar of independence. It gave me one of the many meanings in life. It told me that everyone is growing older, in other words, time is running out. I am saying this in respect of everyone whom is of importance to me and even more, my parents. I felt a growing need to express my gratitude for what they have given me and I just could not bear the thought of having to lose them.

However, like I mentioned earlier, time awaits for no man, I feel that I should do everything possible now and not regret any actions in the future. Yes, I have done some mistakes in the past, like disrespecting my parents, and I want to make it up to them. I simply want to treat them right and have no regrets later in life.

Some of you may think I am late in only realizing this now but I personally do not care about these judgements. I came to my senses willingly and whole-heartedly. I am not doing all these simply because it is what I should or must do. There is a fine line between self-realization and doing something just because I am told to do, in my opinion. It is what I believe and the outcome of self-realization is of pure intention.

What I am really trying to say at the end of it all, beneath those actions or words although they can be hurtful and disapproving, I do love my family and always will, no matter what happens.

No comments: