Monday, November 10, 2008

Sinfully Mine Indeed

Jazz has always been captivating for myself as it has a certain lively soul. For a non-musician like myself, I would say jazz is not easily replicated. There is some sort of overwhelming emotion in jazz music. A few culminations in a whole piece which grips and surprises audiences, which in the end produces a performance etched in our mind.

An uncalled plan and that made it even more spectacular. Bangkok Jazz Thai Bistro @ Chulan Square (above) housed the amazing Adil Johan Quartet featuring Melissa Sucianti on vocals. It was my first time there accompanied by this wonderful quartet with two other special guests and it was unforgettable.


Above is a snapshot of the whole set. While being serenaded by them, I was taking fancy in the main course, Pineapple Fried Rice, served at the Thai bistro with Fish Cakes dipped in Thai sweet chilli. The well-presented main course had a nice aroma of pineapple and left a sweet after-taste which had my mouth watering for more. The fish cake was fried to perfection and its spongy texture complemented the chilli sauce well.


The close-up shot above features Melissa Sucianti on vocals and as you can see, she is rather petite but a being gifted with a vocal 10 times bigger than her size. If you have noticed in the second picture I posted above, it had a tagline which stated 'Sinfully Yours' and I thought it was rather catchy and decided to point it out to you; like a sinful piece of chocolate cake or a sinful inhale of cigarette. How wonderfully captured!

This is all for today and here I leave you with a friendly note to please vote in the left column I have placed if you haven't done so! Have a lovely night...

No comments: