Thursday, November 27, 2008

Attacked!

I was cursing the scorching hot sun and decided to stop by the Student Association building to cool off. I saw my friend and invited her to join me. Nice of her to have come and I realised there was shock written all over her expression. That was when she told me.

She was on scene when two other international students were attacked by three full cars of men carrying machetes. This happened in a eating place less than a kilometer away from my campus. The situation was chaotic and involved a lot of running, slashing and blood spill. I had a picture of this fresh blood pool but I decided not to post it up. My friend said they were wounded terribly that she could see the white bone on the arm of one victim and the other lost his toe.

I thought it couldn't get any worse but it did. Later I found out that a car on the way to Broga was stopped by these group of slashers and they violently attacked two other students. They were friends of mine. This was when the severity of these incidents hit me. I lost it. Shocked and completely terrified.

Unsure of the reasons behind these attacks and the authorities are out there to capture these attackers. I hope those who were injured will recover fast and I am yet to visit my friend to make sure he is alright.

Tragic...

No comments: