Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Out cold and lonely

Love is in the air. Red roses to steal the heart of a woman. Perhaps an expensive, flawless diamond ring. Warm hugs and kisses. White candles which lights up her eyes. A perfect romantic dinner on the sandy beach with the sound of the ocean as the music to your ears.

I didn't wake up today as if it was going to be a perfect day. I didn't receive sweet and moving test messages. I didn't expect to receive gifts nor did I have any to give.

My mind lingered back to the past. I could feel the emptiness. Yet I wasnt envious of others. It is just one day where you pay special attention to your partner. Shouldn't it be everyday? And why is today any different from every other day? It's the gifts.

I long for him more than anything. Those sweet lips to tell me that he loves me. His soul to keep me warm. I want to tell him these words.

I carry your heart,
I carry it in my heart.

No comments: